January 5, 2015

2015 Resolutions

Reflecting on the past year, I've had some realizations about myself that I certainly need to improve in 2015, and I thought I'd share them with you guys.

1. Blog three times a week. When I started this blog, I was blogging three times a week. Now I'm lucky if I get out a post every few. I know I have the time in my day, I just have been letting myself slip because I argue to myself that "other things are more important. I resolve to make time for blogging. And on that note...

2. Ease up on the social media procrastination. I let myself procrastinate my watching shows on Amazon Prime or scrolling through Facebook and Instagram for hours. I certainly have the time in my day to blog three times a week. I can allow myself some down time on Facebook, but I don't need to be on it for at least two hours a day, which has happened. I also will not be starting any new shows since that has led to many a procrastinating late night. I resolve to be on social media less.

3. Meditate 5 minutes a day. I let myself get so stressed out. I need to start taking just 5 minutes out of my day to meditate or just let everything out of my mind. Sitting still will help me cope with the stress and provide a nice breather if I need to take a break from an assignment. I resolve to let myself have a moment of stillness.

4. Let it go. I have found myself getting way too worked up about things I should have just let go. I spent all last semester in a tizzy about several things that were completely out of my control, and I let it bring me down through winter break. I resolve to let things I can't control go. I also resolve to learn from the things that I can control not going my way. It's in the past and I can't do anything about it now. All I can do is work to improve what I can.

5. Stay organized. This is the one thing I tell myself I will do differently every school year. I'm going to make my bed. I won't get behind on laundry. I will keep up with my agenda. I won't procrastinate on assignments. I won't let my room get to be a complete mess. And I never do any of them. I'm writing it down, so I resolve to do better about staying organized.

6. Last but not least: Learn to use my new camera properly. I think this is pretty self explanatory, but so important. I just got the most amazing Christmas present for my blog: a new, fancy shmancy camera. Not a DSLR, but something very similar. It's not very useful if I don't know how to use all the settings properly and understand how it works. I want to do this in the new year.

4 comments:

  1. These are really great resolutions. I haven't decided on any yet.

    Good luck.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a new camera for Christmas as well, I want to learn to use it properly too! The meditating one is such a good idea too! Good luck with your resolutions!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let it go, let it gooo. I agree on that one. Sometimes I hold onto things instead of letting it lie.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are good goals. I can relate to #4!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all comments! If you leave your link, I will visit your blog :)