March 11, 2014

Goo Hoarders

For those of you who aren't familiar with Jenna Marbles, you should watch this video here (skip to 1:00). Otherwise, you probably won't quite get why I'm talking about what I'm talking about.
So I was looking in my makeup drawer the other day, yes I have an entire drawer for my makeup and it still barely fits, and thought about the video I linked to above. My mother always tells me I have more makeup than she's owned in her whole life. As most girls do, I buy a bunch of lip products and eye shadows that I never use. Recently, I became more of a lipstick and tinted balm person than a gloss person, so I have a bunch of glosses sitting in my drawer that I don't use. To compound it, I'm dating, so my girlfriend doesn't like when I wear heavy lipstick or gloss because she feels like she can't kiss me.
It amazes me that I also feel like I can't just throw all this out. What if one day I become a gloss person again? What if I stop wearing neutral eye shadows all the time (which I'm trying to do). What if I become more experimental with my makeup? All these "what ifs" are cluttering my drawer. And new things are invented every year! I must try the new stuff! BB and CC creams, colored mascara, cream shadow, gel eye liner, the list goes on. More clutter.


Regular non-tinted lip balm? Probably 5 or 6 scattered between bags and my drawer. I have ancient foundations I really need to throw away because they've definitely expired. Random makeup samples from magazine tear outs. Several mineral foundations. Lip products fill up pockets in my most used bags, despite my new years resolution to stop doing that. So many products that are the same color but different brands so they must be different! I have literally lost one of my favorite tinted lip balms, bought a new one, found the old one, and currently don't care for the color so both remain half used. And don't get me started on makeup brushes....
Do any of you have this problem? Please tell me I'm not the only one.
Sorry for not posting much the past couple weeks. I've been in the middle of 2 shows at once for about 3 weeks now and I just started one of those one hour classes that only meets for one month. Please forgive me for not keeping up with my blog or any of you that I follow.
And the magical drawer of products. ALL THE LIP THINGS!!! I really can't even use the excuse that I'm a theatre major. I don't use most of this for theatre...

This thing I bought a year and a half ago that I've barely used. Wut?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments! If you leave your link, I will visit your blog :)