January 31, 2014

Animal Love

Well I've never done a music post before. Like ever. Even on the two or three blogs I eventually failed to keep up with. It's always been exclusively fashion. Well I'm expanding, and I wanted to share this album I've literally been obsessed with for the past couple weeks. It's all I listen to (besides Frozen, but that's a different story).


So the album is "Animal Love" by Charlene Kaye. I've had her first album "Things I Will Need in the Past" for a couple years now, and I've loved that one as well. "Things" has a much more indie sound to it, so "Animal Love" came as a big surprise. If Charlene was a bigger name, all the songs except for "Until the Morning" sound like something you would hear on the radio. The song "Animal Love" has a crazy catchy tune that isn't annoying when it gets stuck in your head. And that's really hard to do with a catchy tune. My personal favorite song from the album is "Poison Apple." It has a great beat to it and I love the language of the song. It's not in a foreign language or anything, but it has a sound of high intelligence in the lyrics. I really appreciate "Until the Morning" as someone who came from a mainly a capella choir. It's got that indie sound of her first album that I loved, and it brings back some great memories of being in Atlanta Young Singers.
Honestly, I have nothing bad to say about this album as a whole other than "Until the Morning" doesn't really fit with the rest of the songs, but I love it all the same.

Listen to the whole album here and buy it on iTunes!

8 comments:

  1. Interesting. I will definitely listen to other more songs from her.

    WWW.STYLEVANITY.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, super love! <3

    sweet and sugars,
    DIAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great :)

    - A.
    adriannaislookingforastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that song is cool, but the video's even more great!! And how amazing is her make-up, that's a work of art!!

    P.S.: You mentioning ATLANTA Young Singers brought back some of my memories too. I need to travel again and fast!:) Have a great day, babe!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover photo is terrific.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all comments! If you leave your link, I will visit your blog :)