1. Blog three times a week. When I started this blog, I was blogging three times a week. Now I'm lucky if I get out a post every few. I know I have the time in my day, I just have been letting myself slip because I argue to myself that "other things are more important. I resolve to make time for blogging. And on that note...
2. Ease up on the social media procrastination. I let myself procrastinate my watching shows on Amazon Prime or scrolling through Facebook and Instagram for hours. I certainly have the time in my day to blog three times a week. I can allow myself some down time on Facebook, but I don't need to be on it for at least two hours a day, which has happened. I also will not be starting any new shows since that has led to many a procrastinating late night. I resolve to be on social media less.
3. Meditate 5 minutes a day. I let myself get so stressed out. I need to start taking just 5 minutes out of my day to meditate or just let everything out of my mind. Sitting still will help me cope with the stress and provide a nice breather if I need to take a break from an assignment. I resolve to let myself have a moment of stillness.
4. Let it go. I have found myself getting way too worked up about things I should have just let go. I spent all last semester in a tizzy about several things that were completely out of my control, and I let it bring me down through winter break. I resolve to let things I can't control go. I also resolve to learn from the things that I can control not going my way. It's in the past and I can't do anything about it now. All I can do is work to improve what I can.
5. Stay organized. This is the one thing I tell myself I will do differently every school year. I'm going to make my bed. I won't get behind on laundry. I will keep up with my agenda. I won't procrastinate on assignments. I won't let my room get to be a complete mess. And I never do any of them. I'm writing it down, so I resolve to do better about staying organized.
6. Last but not least: Learn to use my new camera properly. I think this is pretty self explanatory, but so important. I just got the most amazing Christmas present for my blog: a new, fancy shmancy camera. Not a DSLR, but something very similar. It's not very useful if I don't know how to use all the settings properly and understand how it works. I want to do this in the new year.